Saturday, March 26, 2011

Welcome to the studio!

Well, I had laundry to do, a house to clean, a bathroom to finish painting.....so I created a blog. Procrastination is the mother of invention. Really. You thought it was necessity? Lol!


I have been posting lots of projects on facebook, but thought a blog would give me more room to ramble. Facebook is great, but when you are repeatedly told "you have exceeded the maximum character count" as many times as I have, you need more room!


I turned the fire on in the studio , so as soon as it warms up I''ll go play on the torch.


















But that will be a while, so I'll tell you a story. The stove is named Chuck. It is a sad tail involving Mortimer, the kuhn hound in the second picture and unrequited love.



Mo is a foster bull terrier, who spent the first two years of his life in a puppy mill kennel and the next 6 months in a holding facility. He had never been in a home before he came to us. One day I turned on the fire to enjoy a cup of tea in the sun with the dogs. Mo came up to the stove, wagging his tail, and put his nose right on it. OUCH! He leaped back, with the most betrayed expression on his sweet face. He looked at the stove a moment, play bowed, and tried again. OUCH! So he thought hard, laid down, and swam to the stove.....OUCH! There had to be a way! She was so warm, so inviting, so pretty! So he snuck around to the side....OUCH! By now he had red spots all over his nose, and I felt so bad for him but I knew if he didn't figure this out he would never be able to be around a fire. He really looked hard at the stove, for a long, long time. Then he sat as close as he could, and gazed longingly at her, but didn't try to kiss her anymore.



It reminded me of Pushing Daisies, where Ned brings his childhood sweetheart back to life but cannot ever touch her again or she will die. So it is with Mo and Chuck, although in this case... Chuck bites.



1 comment: